Monday, January 1, 2024

Remembering Elliana: The Rules to Taggeret (Video Reading Included)

The most popular post of 2023.
* * * * *
Elliana has several cultures in her genetic makeup. 
Her father has indigenous and Mexican blood on his side of the family. 

Elliana spent a lot of time with him at his father's home when she was young. 

I picked her up one day from Papa Ed's place. She told me that she and her young uncles and cousins played a game called taggeret. They had been playing it for a while. 

This was the first time I had heard of the game. She could explain it to me since she was just learning to speak. I asked her how the game was played. 

She said, "You run around and touch each other and say 'taggeret'."

I smiled when her words made me realize how much alike children are, even from different cultures! She and I were embarking on our journey as best friends, and best friends always listen to each other! 

That is how we knew what the other was thinking, and that was what made our papa and granddaughter relationship so special!


* * * * *