Saturday, January 13, 2024

Remembering Elliana: Shopping for School Clothes

Thinking back, I don't recall ever shopping for school clothes, except for taking the girls to the store and picking them up. By the time my ex departed for the east coast, the girls were able to get what they needed with me only needing to provide money and transportation. 

Taking Elliana out to get school clothes, then, had to be my first effort at buying school clothes. 

It was also my last!

Fortunately, the spree only took two stores before I knew that I was creating a nightmare for Candace. Elliana had figured out that she pretty much was getting everything she wanted, and she was taking full advantage of Papa! After Target and Old Navy, I knew I had bought too much, and that Candace would have to return some of the stuff for the money. 

If I once knew how much she returned, I've forgotten. I do remember, however, taking six or seven large bags and several long receipts up to her apartment and apologizing for what I did. I also remember her telling me that her mom was likely to do something similar. 

I promised her that it would not happen again, and, as I said earlier, it was my last time shopping for school clothes!