Wednesday, February 5, 2020

I'm Sorry Limbaugh is Sick; I Wish He Were Dead

I was saddened to read recently that Rush Limbaugh has lung cancer. I was hoping to read his obituary.

I caught some flak from friends for posting things like that on social media as the articles were shared. Some of my friends were concerned that me wishing death upon someone would bring me bad karma. First of all, if karma had any effect with regard to Rush Limbaugh, he would have drowned in locust puke by now. We all are going to die. Some deaths are just more beneficial to humanity than others, and I believe that Rush Limbaugh's death and consequential silence will be a good thing for humanity.

Rush Limbaugh expresses openly what many people who lack depth of character feel deep down. He reassures them that their prejudices are justified, and he sounds so smart to really stupid people. If that offends you because you think he sounds smart and says what you think needs to be said, then either wear the shoe, or grow such that it no longer fits. 

He talks about all the problems other people cause in America, and he, himself, was a drug addicted criminal. How dare he criticize anybody else for their character when he has been married multiple times, he has been dropped by advertisers for objectionable material, and he has to resort to making a living by sapping some money out of people who love Trump and want reassurances that their prejudices are justified. 

Some people who criticized me for my comments were less concerned about my karma than they were about it just seeming like a cruel statement to make. However, anybody who has known me for any length of time knows that I would rather be honestly cruel than dishonestly polite. Some people may have hoped that I changed my ways about that, but I haven't. Most people don't change their ways. 

That is why society's attitude does not really change so much as it evolves. People don't change their ways or their minds. They die, and the next generation of people have different attitudes. Therefore, it will not only be better for the evolution of society to have Rush Limbaugh die, but we must hope that the prejudices he reinforces in people die with them, too. 

It is the younger generations who absolutely must reject the racist and misogynist prejudices that people like Rush Limbaugh espouse. If the ratios of bigots that slip through to the younger generations go down, then society will, as a whole, become less bigoted when people like Rush Limbaugh die.

Despite not fearing the retribution of karma, and being cruelly honest, one criticism of my comments about wishing Rush Limbaugh were dead did seem legitimately insensitive of me. The sucker is dying from lung cancer. My father died from lung cancer. I know people who are fighting cancers in various parts of their bodies, and I wish them all well. Cancer is a cruel disease that lingers painfully until it consumes the life from people. 

I thought of ten ways that would be quicker and relatively painless deaths for Rush Limbaugh than cancer.
  1. He could fall into a meat rending machine.
  2. He could get pulled through a woodchipper.
  3. He could drown in a septic tank.
  4. He could get hit in the head by a toilet seat flying through the air.
  5. He could have his heart pulled out of his chest and handed to him so he can watch the last few beats.
  6. He could get smashed by a falling piano.
  7. He could sprint out after the train passes on one track and into the path of a train going the other way on a parallel track.
  8. He could encounter an amorous and then angry hippopotamus.
  9. He could electrocute himself by pissing on high voltage wires.
  10. He could be suffocated by swarms of dung beetles.
In the end, I am sorry that Rush is only sick and not dead, but my friends are right that I shouldn't wish cancer upon anyone, even my worst enemy. That is especially true when I can think of more fitting deaths for the loudmouth bigot whose obituary I hope to read in the next week or two.

* * * * *

Other posts you may enjoy:


Is Not Caring Anymore a Mental Health Issue?
Resolution Through Self Reflection
Inner Struggles
Farley's Wit: The Story
Envisioning Infinity