Monday, October 2, 2023

THE PUNCH!

Erin would never back down from a fight, which meant that she was suspended for fighting periodically throughout her school years. I would have to go to the school to get her, and I was able to talk the principal out of suspension a time or two because she was defending herself.

For a time in middle school, I suspected that she was getting suspended on purpose to get a few days off. I warned her that I would take swift action if I felt she was doing that. 

On this particular day, she was being suspended for cussing in front of her teacher. I have never beaten my children, but, when I got to the school that day, I stood her up in the main office's lobby and whapped her ass so that she understood that I was done with these types of suspensions. 

The staff was startled to see me do that. There was a kid in the office who seemed to get a kick out of it. We got moved from the main office to a waiting area outside the principal's office. 

Soon, the door opened. It was the kid who saw her get spanked. He laughed. As I was repressing the thought of spanking his ass, too, Erin got up and planted her closed fist through his lip. 

He quit laughing as he was picking himself up from the floor and realizing that he was bleeding from his lip. He was sent to the nurse's office. At that point, I knew there was no talking the principal into not suspending her. 

I asked one question. Was the boy who taunted her also being suspended? I was told he was, so I accepted the three-day suspension, and took Erin out for ice cream so we could relive the single punch that changed one kid's attitude for the day! 

Admittedly, there was a vicarious thrill watching Erin throw THE PUNCH.